UKG in Lowell MA Ultimate Software
At UKG, advancing our strategy around innovation is a large contributor to the success of company's cloud-based technology platform. As part of the engineering architecture group, you will be researching and prototyping advanced concepts and technologies to improve resiliency, performance, and efficiency across our offering.
Your role as part of this team will be to design, prototype, and lead development to deliver forward-looking infrastructure and architecture enhancements to our flagship enterprise cloud products. Such enhancements will include technology selection and implementation, SDLC process and pattern development, vendor or open-source evaluation, delivery or operational improvements, and other large scoped projects. This role requires flexibility and will reward you with numerous and varied opportunities to contribute to the organization.
- Work independently or with supporting development resources to prototype new technologies and enhancements to the systemwide architecture.
- Lead implementations on major technology strategy projects
- Provide design and build expertise and guidance for globally distributed development teams on systemwide architecture enhancements.
- Provide technical and implementation assessment on use of distributed services and fit for purpose.
- Work with shared service owners to develop guidelines for architecture best practices and tooling to enforce appropriate development and architecture practices.
- Provide expert-level troubleshooting and design / development guidance to development teams facing complex architecture needs.
8+ years in software engineering/architecture with hands-on experience of Java, Scala, Groovy, or other JVM language with an expert knowledge of Spring Framework and similar common JVM libraries
- Demonstrated experience working in complex, distributed, enterprise-scale development organization and expertise in at least one major public cloud provider
- Strong technical and/or business analytical skills and the ability to demonstrate real-world problem solving
- Working knowledge of typical CI/CD or DevOps pipelines and related tooling, such as Gradle, Jenkins, Maven, etc.
- Familiarity with at least one major relational database, such as PostgreSQL, Oracle, Aurora, etc.
- Working experience of at least one major non-relational database, such as Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, Couchbase, DynamoDB, etc.
- Excellent technical and non-technical communication abilities