Cloud Destinations LLC
Title: Sr. Automation Engineer
Location: 100% Remote
Duration: 12+ contract to hire
Client is losing their Automation/DevOps Engineer, and they are asking WWT to help fill that resource gap.
Client services is undergoing a major initiative for the automation of the development, testing and deployment of Grid applications.
role is more of a DevOps Engineer. The automation aspects are more around automating around network and other infrastructure processes. Most important, this person is to set up and build a CI/CD pipeline for them.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals (data structures & algorithms).
- Strong foundation with any of the programming languages (Python, Java, C#, C++).
- Familiarity with version control using Git, Github, Gitlab.
- Familiarity with Application Programmable Interfaces (APIs).
- Familiarity with Unix based environments and Unix scripting/CLI.
- Familiarity with Computer Networking principles (routing, switching, OSI layers, etc).
- Familiarity with Agile & Dev-Ops methodology.
- Experience with distributed systems or distributed computing.
- Experience with Agile & Dev-Ops methodology.
- Understanding of dependency managers and build automation tools such as Apache Maven, Gradle, npm/yarn.
- Experience with real-time stream processing systems such Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.
- Experience with automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
- Experience with CI/CD methodologies and tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, etc.