Title- Sr. Azure DevOps-Automation Engineer
This role within the Application Support and Maintenance team provides process guidance and technical expertise in the area of application deployment automation and orchestration. This position will work to develop, implement, and manage a deployment automation and orchestration practice at Customer for software solutions in the portfolio consisting of client server and tiered solutions built using .Net, Java, package software, open source software, IBM and Microsoft middleware, Oracle, SQL Server, on premise, SaaS and cloud solutions. This role is also responsible to mentor and coach other team members in these capabilities, and drives continuous improvement efforts within the department.
- Assist IT leadership in establishing and implementing an enterprise deployment automation strategy, roadmap, and standards
- Collaborate with IT capabilities to understand their current deployment practices, and create/manage action plans to align teams with standards
- Work with IT architecture on software tool selection for application deployment automation and orchestration
- Act as a resource to IT capabilities with their automation efforts including development, testing and rollout
- Integrate other automation and IT service management tools with deployment orchestration tools
- Ensure deployment management practices align with IT general controls
- Perform ongoing release deployment planning and execution using deployment orchestration tools
- Assist in manual deployment management operations as needed
- 4-5 years of relevant technical and business work experience
- Four-year degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field, specialized training or equivalent work experience
- Proven track record of delivering deployment automation solutions in medium to large enterprise including on premise and cloud solutions
- Experience and expert understanding of source control systems - GitHub, Git, SVN
- Experience with continuous integration tools Jenkins, Team City, Azure DevOps, etc.
- Extensive experience with IT automation tools like Ansible, AWX, PowerShell, Python, Puppet, Chef or other scripting languages
- Experience with automation & orchestration tools including Jenkins, VSTS and/or Octopus Deploy, etc.
- Experience with containerization, related technologies, tools and automation including Docker, Docker Hub, Docker Swarm, Portainer, Kubernetes and AKS.
- Experience with Azure cloud, Azure DevOps Pipelines, CLI, PowerShell, automation and parameterization of Data Factory, Logic Apps, Function Apps, Event Grid, and Key Vault.
- Experience in financial services industry