amazon web services
Senior DevOps Engineer
Senior DevOps Engineer
100% Remote (U.S. Based Only)
About the role
As a Senior DevOps Engineer at StyleSeat, you will have a rare opportunity to join a startup empowering small business owners across the country to be more successful doing what they love. Our team believes in discipline, hustle and supporting each other to make a positive impact for our community and bottom line. We believe that diversity makes us stronger and helps us better support our customers. Our community is the center of everything we do.
StyleSeat is serious about DevOps. We recognize it is more than a toolset and that it requires cultural change and a shift in the way we work. We firmly believe that a commitment to DevOps will empower us to execute at improved speed and quality over conventional approaches. Our internal DevOps chapter is already working on making this a reality and we believe this role will accelerate those efforts.
What you’ll do
This role will be part of the team building our highly reliable, scalable and secure AWS Cloud infrastructure. As a member of this team, you will contribute to a combination of release engineering, infrastructure provisioning and management, observability, system administration and security efforts at scale. Your initial focus will be to automate our CI/CD pipeline and fully implement Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) to manage our infrastructure.
Who you are
Successful candidates can come from a variety of backgrounds, yet here are some of the critical and nice to have experiences we’re looking for:
- 3+ years experience working with operating systems, hardware, and/or software components in designing and deploying infrastructure solutions.
- Experience with configuring, deploying and administering multiple AWS services such as EC2, S3, RDS, ElastiCache and ECS/EKS.
- Experience in selecting, deploying and optimizing version control systems, containerization, artifact repository, continuous integration and automated deployment solutions.
- Experience in building and automating a CI/CD pipeline that includes the deployment of microservices.
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) to manage infrastructure configuration and deployment preferably using Terraform.
- Experience in building preventive and detective measures for managing cloud-based infrastructure at scale.
- Comfortable with picking up new programming languages.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills.
- Strong technical design, development and problem solving skills.
- Passion for learning and sharing new skills.
- Experience with building observability with tools such as New Relic, DataDog or Cloudwatch
- Experience in DevSecOps
- Experience with database systems such as Postgres, MySQL, or MongoDB
Who we are
Committed to inclusivity, StyleSeat offers a thoughtfully designed platform for consumers to discover and connect with high-quality beauty professionals who are well-versed in styles and treatments that appeal to diverse needs and wants, and can turn their visions into reality. Whether you’re booking braids, balayage, or brows, StyleSeat makes it easy to find someone who is a master of their craft. We have powered over 155 million personal care appointments and $10.6B in revenue for our pros and are on the path to much more.
Check out StyleSeat's 2022 Perks and Benefits