ProQuest – Who we are…
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world. ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
Senior Software Engineer- Front-End Developer- Remote
What will I be doing?
The Senior Front-End Software Engineer is responsible for designing and developing web applications in a collaborative environment employing Agile development methodologies. This opportunity focuses on front-end web development for our Alexander Street customer-facing platforms, which provide multi-media content (including video and audio streaming) for our global customers.
In this position, you will also…
• Design, develop, test, and support new and existing applications in an agile environment.
• Collaborate with other developers to design solutions based on requirements. Suggest alternative methodologies or techniques to achieve desired results.
• Develop new user-facing features, ensure technical feasibility of UI/UX designs, optimize applications for speed and scalability
• Perform peer reviews on team member’s code.
• Produce high-quality and on-time deliverables according to planned project goals.
• Provide frequent status updates regarding work progress, needs, and risks as they arise.
• Write application technical documentation
• Support QA testing efforts and assist colleagues in troubleshooting production problems.
• Maintain flexibility and strong working relationships with peers and management.
• Provide guidance and coaching to less-experienced peers.
Qualified Candidates must have…
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field, such as Computer Engineering or Computer Science, plus at least 6 years of software development experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
• Experience with REST APIs, and desired experience with GraphQL
• Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
• Experience with streaming technologies – HTML5 video players, such as Video.js or JW Player.
• Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing technologies, such as SASS, as well as modern package bundlers such as Webpack
• Experience with other programming languages such as PHP (required), Python, or Perl,
• Experience with testing frameworks such as Jest, Cypress, etc.
• Ability to work in an agile environment.
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have…
• Familiar with Accessibility guidelines and standards
• Understanding of relational databases and NoSQL databases, such as DynamoDB
• Experience with Typescript
• Knowledge of XR/VR technologies
• Understanding of responsive web design
• Familiarity with content management systems (CMS), Drupal preferred
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• Forbes Ranks ProQuest among 2018 America’s Best Mid-Size Employers
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
Other important information about this position:
• This is a remote position for candidates who are based in the Central or Eastern time zone.
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you’re a talented Front-End Software Engineer in search of a career opportunity within a Global Organization, please consider joining our talented team!!
At ProQuest, we embrace the power of our people and value our differences — in thought, style, sexual orientation, gender identity, culture, ethnicity, and experience — recognizing that our diversity makes us a stronger company. Encouraging a diverse, inclusive workplace gives us the business advantage of understanding and meeting the needs of our diverse customers, clients, and communities.