Technology Consultants, Inc.
- Selenium / Cucumber
- API Automation
- Java 7/8
Nice to Have:
- Cloud (AWS)
Sr. SDET/Automation Engineer
Duration: 6+ Months
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to rules established to enforce test-driven/behavior-drive development, maintaining wiki pages, code style, and code group/peer review.
- Be a team player, someone who can communicate both orally and through our various written communication mechanisms.
- Be able to work under the supervision of a more senior engineer, completing tasks with the expected degree of quality in a timely fashion.
- Analyze requirements and technical specifications, and implement assigned development tasks using various web technologies.
- Develop, maintain, and debug cloud based micro-service APIs
- Maintain and extend existing on-premise software systems
- Be able to dig in and troubleshoot pre and post production issues.
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other technically related field
- Equivalent experience and/or degrees in other technical fields will be evaluated and considered
- 5+ years of experience in a development position
- Strong technical knowledge building mission critical/highly available service-oriented software
Requirements and General Skills:
- Works well with others and is a skilled communicator both written and oral; acts with professionalism both in person and when working on the phone with partners.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and work under shifting deadlines with potentially ambiguous or nebulous requirements in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience working in an agile software development organization; Scrum and/or Kanban
- Willingness to learn new technologies - often very quickly
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- More than 4 years of experience implementing automation test framework for mobile apps / web portals / APIs / e-2-e / integration tests. .
- Exposure to varying Automation framework
- Direct experience working with CI/CD tools like Jenkins.
- Good Debugging skills for Automation scripts
- Expertise in Web application(UI) & Webservice(API)testing experience with Selenium Webdriver and Core Java.
- Strong technical knowledge building mission critical/highly available services using current generation toolkits such as Spring, Dropwizard, RESTEasy, or Node.JS
- Developing and designing front end dynamic web applications using web frameworks such as AngularJS or ReactJS.
- Developing and designing web services through APIs using REST, HTTP, JSON/JSONP, etc
- Fluency in Java 7, basic understanding of Java 8
- Strong technical knowledge of IP, HTTP, JSON and XML.
- Strong understanding the principles of service-oriented software and large scale distributed systems.
- Working knowledge of SQL-based or NoSQL databases using JDBC, JPA or similar frameworks
- Experience building distributed scalable test automation frameworks with open source technologies
- Basic technical knowledge of cloud-based systems - covering infrastructure, platform and software as services
- Recent hands-on experience with Java, Spring / Spring Boot Frameworks, Node.js development, MicroServices, Serverless (AWS Lambda etc)
- Good working knowledge of the Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform), Observability & Traceability
- Code craftsmanship; rigor in high code quality, automated testing (JUnit, Mockito, Cucumber), and agile engineering best practices
- Knowledge of modern software patterns and anti-patterns
- Able to work within a Git/Gitflow-based multi-branched software environment.
- Preferred experience with Java development tooling: Maven and/or Gradle.
Used continuous integration environments like TeamCity, Jenkins, Hudson- provided by Dice