Sr. Software Engineer – API Framework
Want to work with fearless innovators, visionaries, and community-minded people who challenge the status quo? We do too.
Plex is more than a software company — we’re a team of disruptors who are driving innovation and unlocking the promise and value of smart manufacturing.
It isn’t a trend or a moment, it’s a movement. And we’re leading it, but we can’t lead it alone.
That’s where you come in.
Plex Systems, Inc.® delivers the first smart manufacturing platform, helping the world’s leading innovators to make awesome products.Built in the cloud, the Plex Smart Manufacturing Platform includes MES, ERP, supply chain management, Industrial IoT, and analytics.
We believe that anything that can be made can be made better, and we are focused on finding the right people to help us achieve the big important tasks ahead.
Is that person you?
In support of our ongoing growth, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a strong API development background. The Platform Development team prides itself as a team of engineers who believe in and work towards a continuous improvement culture. As a member of our team you will play a key role in our ongoing transformation from monolithic to microservices architecture and adoption of open source technologies. You’ll have the opportunity to shape the technologies that will make up our API stack.
This position can be located remotely within the United States or at our Troy, MI headquarters.
WHAT’S YOUR IMPACT?
- You will play a key role in helping to design, maintain, and govern Plex’s API strategy.
- Help us improve the reliability, scalability and security of the products we deliver to our customers.
- Leverage emerging technologies like containerization and Kubernetes.
- You will be able to utilize your strong communication / collaboration skills to derive requirements from other engineering teams and internally deliver functionality.
- Work on a small, independent team with minimal oversight.
- Balance pragmatism and idealism depending on business needs.
- Continually learn other programming languages and emerging technologies as needed.
- Work with and cross train international team members.
- You will ensure that issues are resolved in an organized and timely manner.
IS IT IN YOU?
- 6+ years progressive software development experience, including building production ready applications
- Strong Experience with .Net Core - middleware, hosting, serialization configuration, advanced dependency injection configuration, memory management/optimizations
- Strong API development knowledge - understanding different API specifications (Open API, OData, etc.) and different integration patterns (REST-like vs. RPC)
- Experience with building systems that interact with each other via versioned contracts
- Experience interacting with APIs programmatically
- Experience with building and running containerized applications
- Experience with messaging technologies
- Understanding of different serialization protocols (JSON, Binary)
- Experience with load and performance testing
- Nice to have:
- Experience with K8s and Helm, Flux, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server stored procedures
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server tables, schemas, and relationships.
- Knowledge of how a presentation, application, and data layer interact
- Understanding of different architectural patterns outside of 2-Tier architecture
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We are proud to be recognized as one of the top workplaces in the tech industry. Our inviting culture fosters collaboration, innovation, and motivates team members to take on important work, every day.
In addition to all the benefits you’d expect from a world-class company like ours, we also offer Day 1 benefits, career growth and professional development opportunities, tuition reimbursement, unlimited paid time off, a wellness allowance to support your family’s well-being, sustainable work-life balance, and flexibility. Our multiple office locations offer a casual-dress workplace, complimentary snacks and drinks, and “de-stress areas” complete with amenities in some locations like massage chairs, golf simulator, ping pong tables and more.
Plex values the power of diversity and inclusion – it isn’t just a talking point for us. It drives our business and fosters fresh thinking, and is reflected in the individuals we hire, and the culture and community we’ve built to support them, such as our [email protected] and [email protected] groups. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applicants of all types and from all backgrounds. Plex urges our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate the differences among people.
SOUND LIKE YOUR DREAM JOB?
EXCITED ABOUT PLEX BUT NOT THE RIGHT GIG?
Don’t despair – your perfect fit is on its way! Stay connected, sign up for job alerts or submit a general application on the Plex Careers page.