4 Arrows Consulting, Inc.
Here at 4 Arrows we strive to redefine diverse and systemic problems into robust solutions for our clients. Whether it is building a software system from the ground up, integrating commercial-off-the-shelf technology, gathering needs from stakeholders nationwide and translating them into technical requirements, or diving into data analytics we focus first on our customers and their needs. We work closely with Federal agencies to balance functionality, cost, schedule, quality, and risk parameters across a wide array of projects. We are committed to a high standard of fiscal responsibility, ethics, and mission success.
We have a close-knit team of outstanding professionals ranging from analysts, systems engineers, cloud/network architects, solutions architects, test engineers, software engineers/developers, and some top-notch leaders that work closely with staff and customers. We design and build fully deployable solutions using DevOps approaches within federated cloud environments. We work across a variety of technologies to include .NET (C#), Java, and multiple database types. No matter what your specific assignment is each day you will have an opportunity to be part of very meaningful work that has tangible benefits to our daily lives.
Example Projects and Toolsets
- AWS infrastructure and scripted deployments using DevOps tools
- SQL scripting (MySQL, T-SQL)
- Data migration and transformation
We’re looking for a Sr. Software Engineer that can come into our organization and complement our existing team. We have both mid and senior developers currently but are looking to add a senior member to our team to architect, design, and code specific solutions. This position will work with core staff located in the Central, Kentucky area but may perform work remotely. Candidate must be a U.S Citizen based on nature of work in support of government clients and agencies. The Sr. Software Engineer will:
- Be a key member of a high performing software engineering team and share the design and development workload with our other senior engineers.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; and following the software development lifecycle.
- Documents code design within ticketing systems and provides input on other system engineering documentation.
- Design and implement features within web portal frameworks using both .NET (C#) and Java
- Play a critical role in day-to-day coding, performance profiling, optimization, and analysis
- Take ownership of your projects to innovate and shape solutions
- Leverage configuration management processes and repositories to track and commit your work within a process rich environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Experience writing clean, testable, high-quality code Strong background in deployment on cloud environments (AWS preferred).
- Ability to interact with peers for collaboration but also self-initiate work and exploration.
- Ability to quickly develop business and domain knowledge in a new industry and domain.
- Ability to implement technical requirements and provide design trade-off decisions.
- Strong foundation in Git repositories, workflows, and related tools
- DevOps experience — setting up CI/CD environments, orchestrating deployments, creating monitoring dashboards, anything that makes the development process easier, more enjoyable, and more accountable.
- Experience preparing user stories and documenting solution designs, requirements, and release notes.
Core Qualifications and Skills:
- Heavy experience with Java and .NET (C#) development
- Collaboration skills with peers and management
- Reliable and consistent technical code delivery with high quality
- Analyzing information
- Software requirements, design, and development within an Agile methodology
- Software documentation
- Software architecture using SOA and API’s