Trellis Technologies, Inc.
google cloud platform
About the role
We're looking for talented engineers to join our team. You will have ownership of projects through the entire development cycle - from planning and development to validation, iteration, and maintenance.
In this role, expect to
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve the quality, stability, and scalability of our systems. Our software is being integrated into some of the largest consumer facing properties in the world, and we need to be able to scale with them.
- Develop and implement a variety of new product features with real user impact
- Expand our network of providers to ensure we cover all the insurance needs of our customers.
- Work on APIs that enable a better digital experience for insurance buyers.
- Expand the functionality of our existing products based on insights from our analytics and experimentation efforts
- Conduct code reviews and provide helpful feedback that maintains our high code quality behind our systems
- Collaborate cross functionally to solve business problems and continue to support our rapid growth
To succeed in this role, you have
- 4+ years developing software in a production environment
- Experience as a senior engineer on an agile development team
- A strong sense of pride in the quality of your work and embracing ownership
- Proven experience working in backend systems (RESTful APIs, datastores)
- Previous experience writing high-quality, effective testing that empowers developers instead of being a burden
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate about technical problems and propose solutions
- The ability to work in complex systems that require deep domain context - being in the middle isn’t easy!
Nice to have, but not essential
- Experience working in fast paced, growing startups and understand all the additional demands that comes with this
- Production experience with our tech stack - React, Node, TypeScript, Firestore
- Familiarity with cloud environments, especially the Google Cloud stack
- Prior experience in AdTech or Insurance