At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role
CrowdStrike leverages a scanning engine software development kit (SDK) and its components for both internal and external customers in the form of multiple low-level C libraries and some Python wrapper packages for the C libraries. Some of these libraries are used in the Falcon sensor, which is a lightweight module that observers system activity, recognizes malicious behavior, provides on-box prevention capability, and sends relevant security related data and telemetry to the Falcon cloud. You’ll work directly with the C libraries (and Python packages) and build test suites for them, including end-to-end validation, smoke tests, regression tests, integration tests, system tests and performance tests.
This is a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) position in the Machine Learning Software Engineering Team. As an SDET, you will be focused on orchestrating, maintaining and driving the test automation process across many low level C libraries and some Python wrapper packages. As an SDET, you will be a key contributor in the team’s focus on quality and performance of the SDK.
SDETs use their strong software development skills to build effective tools, harnesses, and specialized tests to ensure that quality and performance. SDETs also participate actively in design and code reviews, and collaborate with the team to ensure end-to-end system functionality.
This position has the potential to transition to a software engineering role using Rust. The first year of employment approximately will have primarily test responsibilities, but you will have the option then to remain in the SDET role or begin transitioning to a Rust software engineering role.
We are a remote first company and all the interviews will be online.
This position is open in Bucharest, Iasi, Brasov, Cluj, Sibiu, Timisoara, Romania and it’s a remote role.
- Analyze complex software features, and build effective test strategies and test design
- Design, develop, verify, deploy and maintain automated test suites and frameworks; the goal is to minimize manual testing and for the team to write automated tests for the product
- Identify and write specialized tests necessary that are not feature-specific but are still important to ensure the quality of the system as a whole – performance, scalability, limits, etc.
- Help ensure that our products are polished and deliver a good customer experience before and after they get into customers’ hands
- Debug bugs found through test or customer cases to identify root cause and use the input to improve tests
- Work collaboratively with product and release management to control risk, improve quality, and streamline our release cycles
- Rigorous product and test code reviews with an eye towards improving the security and robustness of the system as a whole
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Working with the latest technologies
- Training budget (certifications, conferences)
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation vRegular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.