Position: Senior SRE / DevOps Engineer
HQ: San Francisco, CA but this is a REMOTE opportunity - anywhere in the U.S
Comp: Base $150k - $200k (dependent on level of experience) + attractive equity + excellent benefits
What You Will be Doing
- Maintain, monitor and improve our Kubernetes clusters.
- Maintain, improve, scale and secure our Azure infrastructure and Ubuntu Linux systems.
- Assist our development teams in running, packaging, deploying and troubleshooting applications
- Work with developers on streamlining deployment processes with Jenkins and other tooling
- Be responsible for maintenance and improvements to multiple internal services, for example Kubernetes, Prometheus, and Logging
- Monitor, triage and respond to alerts in our 24/7/365 environment.
- Participate in design and code reviews, and ensure that the foundation for our services is best in class.
- Evaluate new technologies, design and implement as appropriate.
- Identify automation opportunities and implement by creating custom or by using off the shelf solutions.
- Extensive experience of working in cloud-based systems operations
- You’re very comfortable with Linux command line
- You have extensive experience with Docker (building and running containers), and container orchestration (Kubernetes preferred)
- You have experience with Prometheus and Grafana (preferred), or other monitoring systems (InfluxDB, StatsD, Graphite, etc)
- Experience with CI pipelines and Jenkins (preferred)
- You are security minded and follow standard security best-practices (least-privilege, common attack defenses, etc)
- You have a good understanding of computer networking, TCP/IP, load balancing, distributed computing, web services, and the fundamental protocols used by the internet (HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, etc.).
- You have experience supporting production workloads and are familiar with monitoring concepts and tooling.
- You're highly proficient in at least one scripting language (Python, Go, Rust, Bash, etc.).
- You're enthusiastic about working in a small, growing team, you are open, empathetic, and care about putting the best ideas forward in a collaborative and helpful manner.
Nice to Have
- Experience with Azure
- Experience with Rust and/or C/C++
- Experience with advanced CPU features in a container environment (SGX, GPU, etc)