Come and join us on our mission to make FATMAP the Home of the Outdoors . . .
the place where every adventure begins.
Fatmap is scaling so we are looking for experienced engineers (f/m/d) to strengthen the team with their expertise.
Build the future of outdoor adventure with us!
FATMAP is building the leading platform for outdoor adventure. We are revolutionizing the way people discover, plan, live and share their adventures. Our advanced 3D mapping technology, outdoor toolkit and curated adventure index is used by top professionals and a large community of outdoor enthusiasts, allowing them to enjoy better, safer adventures.
Who – experience and mindset
We are looking for another teammate with a deep understanding of DevOps and SRE technologies, methodologies and tooling. You should be well versed in deployment, integration, automation and orchestration. You should approach operational problems with an engineering mindset, and be comfortable making reliability and performance improvements in software as well as infrastructure. FATMAP has a deep and interesting tech stack and is solving hard problems. As we scale we need to do this more efficiently, both from an infrastructure and developer perspective. Our team provides paved roads for deploying and operating our services and helps the mapping, rendering and product teams make their services reliable, observable and efficient.
Would you be excited to work on these topics with talented colleagues in a growing, smart and eager company determined to reshape outdoor mapping? Then FATMAP is the place to be!
See more detail on technical experience below.
How – working here
People at FATMAP have a lot of autonomy at work. We offer a flexible environment. Fully remote is possible or you can work from our hubs in Berlin (DE), Vilnius (LT) or Chamonix (FR) where you'll be able to meet up with your teammates to work on a project together or just spend some time in an office environment. We are mostly remote by nature, and hence value sync time strongly. We also value our hubs and trying to keep a balance. Still, you don't need to worry about your calendar being full of regular meetings.
Although you'll be part of the SRE team, as an experienced engineer you are able to work independently. You need problem solving and debugging skills and a good dose of pragmatism. You are empowered and expected to propose and execute changes throughout the stack. You use and run bleeding edge technology in development and production. You are encouraged to actively create and contribute to technology, product and process.
What – responsibilities
- Work as part of a team to develop and maintain infrastructure as code.
- Plan, improve, oversee and monitor FATMAP’s different environments.
- Optimise processes for efficiency and simplicity.
- Debug service failures.
- Champion site reliability engineering, leading by example.
What we offer
- 3 inspiring office hubs in Chamonix, Berlin and Vilnius
- Flexible and remote working - working adventure trips are encouraged.
- Really awesome technical setup (laptop, screens, headset etc.) of your choice
- All your outdoor gear at pro pricing
- Unlimited reference and learning materials - for your work and adventures!
- Regular team/company trips to outdoor adventure destinations
- Free use of our Chamonix apartment - 100m from the lift and surrounded by the biggest mountain range in Europe! With a stash of gear including tents, bouldering mats, sleeping bags, harnesses, ropes to borrow for free any time you like.
- New friends to explore with.