amazon web services
Contrast Security named to Inc.'s “Best Workplaces of 2020”
Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks, heralding the new era of self-protecting software. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate assessment and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has sensors that work actively inside applications to uncover vulnerabilities, prevent data breaches, and secure the entire enterprise from development, to operations, to production.
About the Position
Are you interested in pursuing a life changing experience in the field of application security and continuous delivery? Contrast is looking for an enthusiastic staff/principal engineer who enjoys taking on any challenges thrown at them. We are an exciting, dynamic team that is growing leaps and bounds each month. This person should take a holistic view of our application architecture with sincere attention to quality, performance, scalability, security and maintainability. This team is tasked with the unique opportunity to advance our runtime and pre-compile code analysis capabilities. This includes providing enhanced techniques to improve the accuracy, findings and reporting of code analysis. It will also include driving and leading the next generation of product and offerings to make the Contrast platform the choice for code analysis tools among developers and security professionals. Ideal candidates should have a background designing, developing and deploying distributed systems and components. Our engineering team has a strong spirit of entrepreneurship.
This position is US-based but can work remotely from any time zone. Traveling to an off-site event may be happen on an annual basis.
- Collaborate with UX, Product and Engineering to architect elegant APIs and Data Models
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to improve developer productivity and improve qualityDefine and direct team in the area of Performance, Scalability and Security
- Proficient designing highly tuned and efficient automated build pipelines
- Mentor junior developers including code and design reviews
- Participate in constant collaboration with teammates in the form of pair programming, group code reviews and pull requests prior to merging
- Work with UX and Product teams to build amazing, jaw-dropping features
- Pilot new initiatives to keep our technology stack ahead of the curveDeploys: our engineers deploy multiple times a day to our AWS infrastructure
- Technical support: Our engineers don't just release code in the wild. When our customers have issues, we have to jump in and give them help
- At least 5 years of experience architecting modern, scalable and high-performing enterprise applications
- You have strong communication skills
- You ask questions, let others know when you need help, and tell others what you need
- You have experience working in Java/Spring/Elasticsearch to design and implement robust and scalable API's
- Have an eye for quality and have an interest in using tools/frameworks like TestNG, mockito, etc...AWS Services: S3, EC2, CloudFront, Lambda, EKS
- You're a problem solver. You believe the best work is the result of finding the simplest solution to complex challenges
- Your code is clean, your designs are elegant and you are constantly refactoring
- Multiple years experience working in Enterprise or Commercial Software development
- Own your work. Whether a nasty bug or an awesome feature, you put your name on every line of code
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible paid time off
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us.
We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business. We work hard, and we have fun doing it.
Solve the impossible. Easy = boring.
If you’re looking for a fun work environment and like a challenge, you’ll love Contrast Security.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and locations.