ruby on rails
We are currently seeking a Staff Software Developer to join our Payments Systems team. This role can be performed from one of our Canadian offices, remotely across Canada, or a combination of both. Some exemptions may apply.
What your team does:
This new team will help develop the future of payments in the legal industry. Our customers are going through a seismic shift in how they service their clients and the expectations around their relationship and behaviours. Expectations around their payments experience is not an exception. Legal has been slow to adopt electronic payments, but the last few years have seen a dramatic tipping point and rapid adoption. We want to ensure our customers and their clients can benefit from best-in-class user experiences with payments. We’re looking for someone who can help with the execution of Clio’s payment products and also navigate the complexity of building a robust system.
A day in the life might look like:
- Produce architectures that are scalable from day one.
- You define and apply new ways to increase your impact.
- You can see around corners, solving problems before they have a chance to come up.
- You actively find ways to share your experience in the community
- You are involved in the building of teams in addition to interviewing.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- You are able to explain the decisions you make.
- You have an idea of what quality looks like, and hold yourself accountable to that. You assist your peers, department, and organization in meeting that standard.
- You are a contributor to the technologies you work with.
- Your collaboration is cross-organization.
- You are a role model for the people around you.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Experience working on global payments infrastructure
- Experience with any of our tech stack (Ruby on Rails, Typescript, AngularJS)
- Experience writing software at scale
Where your team works:
Clio is currently transitioning to a Distributed by Design workplace, which means a workplace that is built around you. This means that Clio offers employees the opportunity to work from one of our offices or in a distributed manner across Canada. At Clio, distributed working has been built into our culture from day one, with teams (and, at times, founders) distributed across provinces and time zones. We have invested in best-in-class tools, technology and culture to ensure our team members are set up to succeed no matter where they live in Canada. We want all team members to feel like they're able to do their best work here, and we're committed to supporting that whether they prefer to work from an office or remotely.