Summary: We are seeking a Statistician with a heavy R&D background, expertise in the Design of Experiments, and preferably someone with animal study and/or clinical experience. The Statistician needs to have expertise in statistical analysis. This is a 100% remote position, though working onsite in St. Louis, Missouri is also an option.
Client: Fortune 100 Food & Beverage Company
Initial term: 18 months (likely to extend and/or transition to permanent)
This position is responsible for providing broad statistical expertise, including experimental design, data analysis, animal study size and sample size justification, and exploratory and final data analyses using SAS, R programming, and other mainstream statistical analysis software in support of basic research, product and process development for the R&D groups.
- Consult regularly with scientists and nutritionists from different areas on the design and analysis of studies.
- Consult on clinical trial design (internally and with CROs) to ensure study appropriateness, prove efficacy and support claims.
- Keep current in the latest statistical methods and lead statistical method development and programming to address study requirements.
- Interact proactively with individuals and groups on statistical issues and promote the correct use of statistical methods.
- Perform appropriate statistical modeling and/or analysis of project data, interpreting statistical results and preparing summaries and reports.
- Work with and manipulate large datasets.
- Perform analyses of data as requested to explore for patterns and trends from past studies.
- Prepare presentations on statistical methods to be presented to project leaders and non-technical groups.
- Practice safety in the work area
- Keep current in field and maintain a high level of expertise
- Provide training to R&D teams as needed in experimental design, statistical data analysis.
- Identify ways to improve productivity (i.e., develop automated programs for routine analyses, create tools for scientists to use for regular analyses, create standards for data formatting and statistical requests, etc.)
- Develop best practices/techniques for specialized statistical analyses
- Write and contribute to abstracts and manuscripts
- Actively acts as a consulting expert within area of technical expertise
- Additional duties as assigned
SUPERVISION GIVEN AND RECEIVED:
- Mentoring and guidance as required for assigned projects
- Must be able to operate with minimal supervision
- Be a proactive member of the R&D Statistics team
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Knowledge):
- Masters degree in Statistics or related mathematical sciences preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in clinical research or related industry or equitable experience.
- Well-versed in statistical software for analysis of research data (SAS and R programming).
- Experience with design and analysis of research experiments for product development.
- Experience with analysis of variance, regression analysis, mixed-models analysis, generalized linear models, categorical data analysis, non-parametric methods, multivariate method, and sampling.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to analyze data from any source.
- Ability to understand client needs and to communicate technical concepts clearly, concisely, and understandably to non-statistical colleagues.
- Experience with identifying and executing ways to improve productivity.
- Pro-active/Self-Starter with the ability to work independently
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Motivated and willingness to learn
- Organizational and time management skills. Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills and attention to detail are essential.
- Good sense of business/technical interrelationships