Support Engineer / T2 Fullstack Engineer
We’re looking for an engineer to join our “Tier 2” organization, acting as an intermediary between Support and Product Engineering to resolve technical issues efficiently in the product. This person will live between the customer and product, triaging customer feedback and doing the engineering work to debug and fix immediate issues in the platform. They’ll also be doing light feature development when it can help our customers be successful.
This position is critical for our real time platform success, and folks that would succeed here have an incredible motivation to help people. If the work requires the core engineering team’s experience, our Support Engineer will collaborate and provide insight to the core issues and suggested solutions.
In this role, you will
- Debug platform issues as they arise, gathering the resources you need from engineering to accomplish tasks or escalate needs that require different engineering knowledge
- Work within our Internal Development team to optimize tools needed to view and resolve issues between Support and Engineering
- Always be problem solving - when you’re stuck, you will confidently find solutions independently
- Collaborate with our support team to ensure we’re delivering the right solutions to customer’s problems.
- Gain intimate knowledge of how our platform functions, and learn a lot about product development along the way
If you’re right for this role, you
- 2+ years of programming experience in a professional environment (required)
- Love helping people to your core - you thrive on wins for folks in need
- Prefer PHP/Laravel experience, but RoR, Java, or Python would be great too!
- Have familiarity with APIs
- Might have basic Linux experience - not required but certainly helpful
- Know how to investigate log files and kick off solutions
- Invest a lot into your continuing education -- you have a list of go-to development learning resources, and probably have some side projects under your belt