We are looking for an experienced developer with a passion for games, development and architecture. Someone who thrives in a changing environment, and works together to solve problems and create scalable solutions.
As systems developer you will be an integral part of our game development teams. You work closely with art and design, and plan systems and tools to bring our game visions to live. You understand what it takes to work in multidisciplinary teams, and strive for improving what and how we develop.
- Create games together with artist, designers and producers
- Champion code quality, scalability, stability and performance
- Design, develop and iterate on game systems
- Take ownership in finding technical solutions and estimating new features and projects
- Collaborate and promote cross-project cooperation and knowledge sharing
What we are looking for:
- Excellent C# programming skills
- Understanding of readable, robust code and best practices
- Understanding of programming patterns
- Understanding of debugging, performance monitoring and optimization
- The ability to summarize complex topics both verbally and in writing
- Experience using source control systems and tools
What could help:
- Understanding of game development processes and tools
- Experience with mobile & console development
- Knowledge of other programming languages
- Understanding of client / server communication and data serialization
- Experience with build automation and build scripts
- Experience with third-party API’s and SDK’s
- Experience with writing clear, concise and accurate technical documentation
- Insight: Deconstructing complex situations in order to obtain and share a complete picture
- Accountability: Taking responsibility for your own actions and those of your colleagues
- Flexibility: Adapting to reach a certain goal
- Initiative: Recognizing and creating opportunities
Are you qualified?
We would much rather read your application, than miss out on a great candidate. So please apply if you are interested!
- A strong passion for making games
- 5+ years experience in programming
- 3+ years experience with Unity development with at least 1 game published
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
Paladin has five core values that we’re looking for in team members:
- Kaizen: We make positive changes on a regular basis
- Spark: We leave a mark, providing a positive experience for everyone involved
- Wholehearted: We love the work we do, and we commit to our work
- Fellowship: We are in this together
- Autonomy: We make decisions and take responsibility for our actions
- Diverse and challenging projects
- A place in a highly motivated and skilled team and an ambitious company
- Positive, healthy work environment
- Coaching and plenty of opportunities for personal development
- A high degree of freedom and responsibility
- Competitive salary and benefits
We work in autonomous development teams. This ensures tight communications, a real sense of ownership and truly agile development. In our weekly show & tell meetings, every team shares their progress and all aspects of the company can be discussed. We believe in transparency and autonomy, and this creates a high degree of freedom and responsibility.
ABOUT PALADIN STUDIOS
We create games that make people smile – be it a sweet twinkle, loud laugh, or evil grin.
Paladin is a game developer. Our basecamp is in The Hague but we are currently working remote due to COVID-19. We are a team of 35+ knights and growing. Our mission is to create games with a spark, for players all over the world. We achieve this goal by being a world-class game studio with soul, that brings out the best in people. That means a studio filled to the brim with creativity, professionalism, and good vibes.
Some of our recent games include:
- Cut The Rope Remastered - A remaster of the legendary Cut the Rope puzzle game!
- Good Job! - Climb the corporate ladder one office-themed puzzle at a time
- Stormbound – Tactical CCG combat with beautiful visuals
- My Tamagotchi Forever – The 90s reborn on your smartphone!
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound good? Awesome! To apply, please fill in the application form . First come, first serve. Please link to your portfolio and CV or add them as attachments.