Who we want
Dedicated Achievers. Relentless about quality, people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations
Motivated product launchers. Engineers who bring strategic direction and drive for execution to ensure products are developed and launched with precision
Goal-oriented developers. Keeping the customer and requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust solutions.
Curious learners. People who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop new ideas into reality.
What You Will Do:
As a Systems Software Engineer, you will work with fellow test systems engineers, using hardware and software, to provide networked and cloud-based test systems to automate and accelerate test, measurement and analysis services of data for Test Engineers and Technicians in support of New Product Development (NPD) for Research and Development (R&D) at Stryker, Instruments Division.
- Provide computer engineering support for the design, development, deployment and maintenance of new and existing networked and cloud-based test systems, ensuring that all activities are completed and documented in accordance with the Stryker procedures.
- Ensure quality of test processes and systems as defined in the appropriate operation and systems specifications.
- Determine and implement computer-based design approaches and parameters on new and existing networked and cloud-based test systems and processes.
- Hold active role in test team discussions. Provide computer engineering input on key topics to improve efficiency and effectiveness of test systems.
- Analyze computer test systems to establish automated analytical data flows.
- Develop software based on analysis of specifications, reliability, industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain networked and cloud-based infrastructure for both software development and test operations.
- May assist in evaluating vendor capability to support test system development and operations.
- Submit periodic reports on assigned topics to management.
- All other duties as assigned.
What you Need:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software or related computer science discipline/experience; will only consider candidates with spring of 2021 or earlier graduation dates
- Practicable knowledge in software development and computer science fundamentals
- Verifiable proficiency with Python Programming
- Verifiable proficiency with Linux-based systems and container architectures
- MS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
- Verifiable proficiency with REST API architectures
- Verifiable proficiency with GIT-based Version Control Platforms
- Understanding of Agile, DevOps and DataOps best-practices
- Experience with Azure Cloud Infrastructure/Systems
- Experience with JAMA Software Platform