ata & Analytics SpotMe
At SpotMe, we build an engagement platform for online events. With over 2 million users and 300+ customers like L’Oréal, SAP, and Pfizer, G2 says we are one of the leaders in the space.
This is a new and exciting time. Virtual is the way people work, meet, and interact. With SpotMe Anywhere, we are not following trends, we are shaping them.
Behind the magic stands a curious, diligent, and humble team of professionals from 30 nationalities. A team that feels a deep pride in the work they do, a team that stayed positive and quickly adapted to the new world. In 8 weeks, we shipped a new product and we have been experiencing a 15x demand since our launch.
As a Team Lead - Data & Analytics you will be responsible for managing and building a team of software engineers from scratch to design and build best-in-class data analytics modules and features for the SpotMe SaaS platform.
You will report to the VP of Engineering.
- Build, manage and lead a team of 4-6 engineers to build and maintain the SpotMe platform data analytics capabilities and associated API’s through effective hiring, leadership, and coaching.
- Introduce new technologies that will help us build a scalable and robust data analytics pipeline and contribute to building data visualizations too.
- Apply a top-down approach to answering business questions based on data points that need to be collected and stored within the platform.
- Drive the team’s sprint planning, execution, and progress until delivery
- Work closely with the Product and Implementation teams to gather requirements and translate them into development stories that shall be developed and delivered by your team.
- Build, maintain and evolve SpotMe’s API 2.0 (https://developer.spotme.com)
- Design and build REST API’s to retrieve analytics and data points.
Requirements & Skills:
- 4+ years experience in a similar position building Data & Analytics capabilities.
- 2+ years of experience as team leader in an Agile (SCRUM) development environment
- Hands-on experience with data streaming technologies such as message brokers (Kafka, RabitMQ, etc.) as well as time-series databases (InfluxDB, Graphite, etc.) is required.
- Experience in designing and developing software components and features for large-scale distributed information systems.
- Ability to understand business problematics and questions and drill down into what data sources and points are required to answer them.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
If working with our team in shaping the future sounds like the opportunity you're looking for then let us get to know you by submitting your resume. You will be free to decide when you want to work from home, and when you come to the office in Switzerland.