Remote ,or Berlin (Germany)
At Prisma we are building the data layer for modern applications. If you are fascinated by the software that power large technology companies such as Twitter, Airbnb and Facebook but want the challenges and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then a job at Prisma might be for you.
With funding from top-tier Silicon Valley investors Amplify Partners and Kleiner Perkins we are a small and dedicated team in Berlin working on making advanced data infrastructure developed at large tech companies accessible to all developers around the world.
We are focused on bottom-up adoption, and most of our software is open-source. At Prisma you will be part of a vibrant community. Prisma users often engage with the company on GitHub and Slack.
What would you do at Prisma?Until now, Prisma has been fully focused on developer adoption for our Open Source products. Now that we have seen consistent growth in this arena, we are ready to start building out our first enterprise product. This is a pertinent and central part of Prisma's vision and strategy for the future.
In order to achieve this goal, we are looking for a Tech Lead to help us build this product for enterprise customers. As Tech Lead you will adopt two developers from the existing Prisma Engineering Team and work closely with the CEO, VP of Product and a Sales Engineer to spec and build this product.
Over time, this role has the capacity to expand into the overall ownership of all technical matters related to enterprise products at Prisma, forming a key strategic position within the company.
What are the requirements?We believe that the right person would have the following:
- Exceptional programming and technical expertise. Our language is Rust but learning on the job is totally fine if you are not currently familiar with Rust.
- Extensive experience building and operating robust high-scale servers and the challenges around deploying to enterprises.
- Strong software design and implementation skills in building infrastructure-frameworks.
- Deep expertise in building distributed systems.
- Experience building and operating extensible, scalable, resilient systems.
- Solid understanding of Container Orchestration framework (such as Kubernetes).
- Familiarity with Cloud Infrastructure Providers such as AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Solid understanding of basic systems operations (disk, network, operating systems etc. )
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
The following would also be super helpful:
- Experience working within Site Reliability Engineering would be be a big plus.
What's it like to work at Prisma?You are likely to be a great for the team if you:
...have an ownership mindset. As part of a small team, you'll have an outsize impact on decisions and the way things are executed.
...stay nimble. As a growing startup, the team and strategy evolves quickly. Be ready to re-calibrate often and stay flexible.
...be kind and collaborative. Com in ready to share your ideas and listen to feedback.
Remote WorkWe are a remote first organisation with an office based in Berlin, Germany. Whether you work remotely, or from the office in Berlin is entirely up to you! We offer generous relocation assistance if you prefer the latter.
What's in it for you?
- The opportunity to take the lead on key strategic objectives of Prisma and to exercise outsize impact on the overall direction of the organisation.
- Competitive compensation including a commensurate Stock Option Package.
- 401K, or similar retirement funding for non-US residents.
- Medical Cover, including Dental and Vision (or equivalent for non-US residents).
- A generous tech-budget to get you all the latest hardware and software that you need.
- Twenty-four days paid time off.
- Herman-Miller ergonomic chair to spruce up your home office.
What is the process like?Our recruitment process roughly follows the structure below:
- Introductory call with our People Operations person.
- First interview with the CEO.
- Interactive assignment where you will engage with the team via Slack to solve some problems in a collaborative way (we also provide a small stipend for the time and effort).
- Debrief of your findings during the assignment with a panel of your peers.
- Team fit interview with the VP of Product
- Final Interview with the CEO.
What do I do now?If this sounds like an interesting opportunity, please apply via our website, and include your LinkedIn profile (or Resume), Github Repo, or anything else that you think might give us a good sense of who you are.
We will generally be in touch within 7 business days to let you know the outcome of your application.
Prisma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.