Headquarters: Las Vegas, NV
Position Title: Technical Project Manager
Reports to: CEO
Position Location: Remote (Even after Covid)
Politech is the company behind Blocks, a SaaS web application for effective political advocacy. We help organizations manage and realize their policy goals by providing them with tools that assist them in tasks such as voter registration, grassroots organizing, and outreach. Our primary focus has been to assist progressive organizations that advocate on behalf of underserved communities. Our software platform has been a vital part of keeping such organizations successful and efficient.
Who We Are
We are deeply committed to public service and progressive social change. We are 100% minority owned and operated with a diverse team, inclusive of gender, ethnicity, and race.
Politech seeks a Technical Project Manager to join our team. This role will be in charge of the development team’s entire process and the success of our projects. This includes generating scope of work specifications, managing our development team process and removing process barriers. We are looking for an individual with excellent communication skills who will work as a team player and thoughtful leader. This position will work directly with our development team and reports directly to the CEO.
The individual should be highly motivated to make a difference and to move progressive issues forward. Our employees’ opinions matter to us for the success of the company and we want you to bring creative solutions to make our work better for our clients. Interest and understanding of politics and campaigns is a plus, but not required.
Our employees are from all over the country and bring varying levels of experience to the company. First and foremost, we value honesty from all employees. We strongly encourage a work environment centered on open communication and conscientiousness. Working remotely gives our employees the ability to better maintain a work-life balance, but we expect that productivity and job performance will not be sacrificed.
We are a fully remote team so you will need to be flexible to work with staff in different time zones when requested.
- Generating scope of work specifications and estimates
- Project management - delegating work and removing process barriers
- Leading development team and projects to completion on budget and on schedule
- Managing estimates and schedule
- Managing deployments
- Troubleshooting problems with clients/users/other stakeholders
- Leading quality assurance efforts (setting up tests, monitoring performance and identifying enhancements)
- Front end / Back end development
- Excellent technical written communication
- Experience in web development with a desire to manage
- Experience with Git/Github flow
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies (we're don't necessarily consider ourselves Agile but knowledge of Agile concepts are crucial)
- 3+ years of experience in a web development team environment
Compensation: Competitive salary commensurate with knowledge, experience, and qualifications.
Politech is an Equal Opportunity Employer that greatly values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply
Include your GitHub account (or similar), resume, and cover letter. Write us something explaining who you are, what you do, why you want this job. We take our commitment to progressive social change and passion for web development seriously, and we expect you to be able to speak to yours in your cover letter. You should be able to show samples of your previous work upon request.