We have an open position for the role of Test Manager, available for remote work at Pentalog.
Our client is a big player on the retail market, who has left a notable footprint in the sports industry. You’re probably wearing their apparel right now!
The project requires your Agile team to ensure the high quality delivery through automated testing. The end-product is a B2B e-commerce platform used by retailers, specifically designed for processing very large orders.
As a Test Manager, you will organize and control the testing process, in the same time ensuring visibility, traceability and management of the testing process, for the purpose of delivering a high-quality software. The position requires QA leadership skills, that includes:
- Legal knowledge;
- Agile estimation;
- Experience with planning and offering visibility;
- Experience in exerting the servant-leader role;
- Know-how regarding test cases management.
Tech stack & tools:
Microservices, Swagger, REST, Postman, Web protocols, SOAP UI, LoadRunner, Jmeter
Databases: Elastic Search, Cassandra, Redis, PostgreSQL, SQL
CI/CD: Github, CI/CD general knowledge, Jenkins, Bitbucket
Common test tools: Jira
Frameworks: xUnit, Data-Driven Framework, Cucumber
Docker, Kafka, Shell scripting, Kubernetes
- Define QA strategies and oversee all the testing activities;
- Refine existing tools, processes and practices;
- Design, implement, and document procedures for process control, process improvement, testing and CI/CD;
- Ensure full testing coverage in all product phases (unit, functional, performance, regression, acceptance etc.);
- Manage both of manual and automated testing;
- Oversee the maintenance and/or improvement of existing automation framework;
- Provide support to the team for estimating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling test activities;
- Assure the reliability and consistency of production by checking processes and final output;
- Collaborate with other products teams across the company about integration of features;
- Record, analyze and distribute statistical information to the necessary departments;
- Provide training, motivation, coaching, and correct employees to ensure that standards are met;
- Support the career growth paths for existing team members;
- Oversee the roadmap of new joiners;
- Guide the team towards a culture of performance, by providing both leadership and technical guidance;
- Become a strong QA advocate inside and outside the organization;
- Enhance the cross-departments collaboration by creating a sense of trust and transparency.
- Relevant technical experience as a QA/ Test Manager;
- Product development experience;
- Experience with back-end testing;
- Knowledge of testing fundamentals;
- Development fundamentals for QA Automation (Architecture, Web protocols, Algorithms, Data Structures, ORM, dev environment);
- General knowledge of Cloud;
- Know-how regarding Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Devops);
- Strong project and time management skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, with a good eye for details;
- Great at written and verbal communication, with negotiation and active listening skills;
- Problem solver with strong analytical skills;
- Collaboration and team building abilities;
- Flexibility and adaptability to change priorities;
- Ability to foresee potential issues and risks;
- Very good level of English.
Experience with testing APIs & the Salesforce platform.