Headquarters: Fully Remote
In this role, you will get to be in the front-lines of an early-stage venture-backed startup! You will have the autonomy to make your own decisions regarding the unity code that lives in our Android and iOS apps, and grow with the company.
We have hired 5 separate Unity devs in this company and only one was successful as he was the only one that thought creatively and didn’t try doing classic solutions like all other Unity projects. If you are not going to be open to a challenge, don’t have amazing problem-solving skills, won’t look for creative solutions, won’t be open-minded, and try to do things the way you always have done in other projects, please do not apply, as you will almost certainly fail.
- Be an interim but important part of the team
- Import data from databases or APIs and apply to 3d visualizations
- Own, fix and complete any Unity performance tasks
- Proficiently execute Unity-related items such as animations, UI effects, and audio
- Work carefully to determine optimal formats, scales, pipeline improvements, and other elements for asset export to Unity
- Work with engineers and other team members to architect and scope feature details
- Debug problems, make builds, and help ship our successful, industry leading gaming platform
- Write clean and reusable code, with perfect documentation and test scripts, with no exception
- Understand project requirements, elicit feedback, and refine solutions accordingly
- Work diligently in a virtual team environment, with leaders and teammates located
- around the world
- 5+ years of Unity development experience
- 3+ years of C# or C++ experience
- 3+ years of game development experience
- Perfect English, both writing and speaking
- Shipped Unity apps to the App Stores, which we can download and play
- Developed games in Unity you can show
- Completed performance optimization for at least 3 Unity games
- Can write clean code with excellent documentation and unit test scripts
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic virtual environment.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision while also being a great team player
- Like to solve complex problems and gets motivated by a challenge
- Worked before in a remote environment
- Worked before as a contract, part-time or freelance
- Worked in non-standard Unity projects before
- Worked in a project where the app has both unity and native code (swift or java)
- Worked with agile methodology before
- iOS development experience, knowledge of Swift
- Android development experience, knowledge of Java
- Game development experience
- Worked in a Gaming company before
- Experience with Git and version control conflict resolution in Unity3D.
- Comprehensive understanding of component-based development.
- Shipped at least one or more projects using Unity3D.
- Familiarity with multi-threading and/or Unity Jobs system.
- Experience writing or modifying shaders using Cg.
- Experience developing UI/UX, audio, or 3D modeling.
- Experience developing in a networked MVC/MVVM architecture.
- Familiarity with geospatial data, map projections, and tiling systems.
- Familiarity interfacing with 3rd party libraries written in C# and C++.
- SDK development experience
- Having a Mac is useful to test the iOS version of the app
- Knowing Spanish is an asset (we have many Spanish speaking people in the team)
You can download our iOS app from the App Store and our Android app from our website at www.duelit.com, check us out!