Headquarters: New York City
- Work closely with our Marketing, Design, Product, Language Services, Development, and Localization teams in the early stages of feature development.
- Define content requirements and strategy to best achieve our goals.
- Write copy that helps our users interact with our products in a meaningful way. Your copy shall be helpful, human-sounding and straightforward.
- Give and get feedback on design and content and constantly iterate on interface copy.
- Work closely with Localization in the early stages of feature development, making sure to provide enough conceptual context for appropriate and culturally relevant translation/transcreation of your copy.
- Collaborate with Localization on the creation and constant improvement of terminology and style guides, best practices and processes.
- Work with Localization to advocate for brand standards, style and tone of voice.
- Collaborate with Design and Localization on setting up a User Research Program to get a deep and thorough understanding of our users’ needs in all markets.
- Collaborate closely with other areas of the business to support them with content writing needs – if required.
- Additional ad hoc duties on an as needed basis.
- Reside in the U.S. or EMEA region.
- Native English language speaker and accomplished writer. Full working proficiency in another language is preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 2 years' experience writing UX copy for web and mobile. We would love to see some of the work you have previously done.
- As an advocate for delivering the best user experience, your mindset screams UX.
- Additionally, you have a global mindset, thrive in an international environment and are aware of existing cultural sensitivities and the specifics of UX Localization. All this is at the forefront of your thinking.
- You understand that the devil lies in the details, and therefore, you are always on the lookout for those subtle tweaks that result in big improvements.
- You are driven by creativity and data and are always interested in finding out what will improve user engagement and retention.
- Last but not least: as a real team player, you can work cross-functionally with KUDO UX teams, Localization, Engineering, Operations etc.
- A positive work atmosphere with flexible hours
- Talented and culturally diverse teams to work and build relationships with from across the world.
- Opportunity to have a true impact on a mission-driven business that's solving a key global issue.
- Great autonomy to achieve your goals and grow as a person.
- Learning and career development opportunities
This position includes a competitive salary based on experience with generous benefits and a flexible work structure.