In this role, you will...
- Sit on the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), report to the CEO, and hold executive accountability for all financial reporting, controls, forecasting, and accounting. You will have three key areas of focus.
- Personally lead strategic org-level financial processes like annual budgeting, forecasting, scenario planning, and other key analyses.
- Oversee our Accounting team and ensure compliance with all applicable accounting standards.
- Liaise with other SLT members, supporting them in making data-driven and fiscally prudent decisions for their departments and operations.
- Lead the Finance team as a strategic, high-output service center to the rest of the departments.
- Serve as a culture shaper of the firm, upholding a culture of rigor, structured thinking, data-informed analysis, and financial responsibility.
- Oversee current Finance Manager in developing and maintaining a robust financial model for the firm, conducting periodic scenario planning, monthly reporting, and other functions as requested or required by CEO or other SLT members.
- Support VP of People in maintaining a robust compensation model, including scenario planning and budgeting for the employee stock plan.
- Support CEO and SLT with up-to-date understanding of segment economics of the firm, across brands, revenue types, and acquisition channels.
- Be a thought leader on how to improve monetization and a sounding board on improving processes to help optimize company financials.
- Combine strong business and financial acumen to make key decisions backed by data and analytics.
- Identify opportunities to improve business performance through oversight of ad sales pricing, COGS, OPEX and other cost items.
- Oversee current team in accurately handling all accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll functions.
You’re a great fit if you…
- Have a passion for and love of learning, and an innate curiosity.
- Have led some function(s) of finance at the Director level - ideally in a fast-paced digital product or content company - or similar.
- Can establish and drive an effective balance between growth aspirations and affordability in budgeting/forecasting processes.
- See yourself one day being Chief Financial Officer or Chief Executive Officer of a startup or digital firm, and are looking for a substantive executive position that will advance your career path towards that ambition.
- Have experience in or exposure to corporate development, M&A, venture, or other finance environments that involve investing, acquisitions, or other types of deal structuring.
- Have a proactive and collaborative approach; you love working with people and people love working with you.
- Have experience in digital learning, digital publishing, ecommerce, data tools for online publishers, or other relevant experience.
This role is remote; you can do this from anywhere in the United States - as long as you are able to work PST & MST work hours each day.