The Motley Fool Inc
Who are we?
We are The Motley Fool, a purpose-driven financial services firm with nearly 30 years of expertise. Our goal is to make the world smarter, happier,andricher by providing outstanding business and investing advice, at scale. But what does that even mean?! It means we’re helping Fools (always with a capital “F”) demystify the world of finance, beat the stock market, and achieve personal wealth and happiness through our investing services, like Stock Advisor, andMotley Fool Wealth Management, our portfolio management service.
What does this team do?
We're currently hiring for multiple different teams! Whether you're interested in building out our Foolish APIs and websites, helping manage billions of dollars in client assets, or building internal applications to help our business run more efficiently, we have a team for you! We need thoughtful, passionate developers with strong technical *and* stakeholder management skills. Come join us on our mission to break down barriers and bring financial literacy to all!
What would you do in this role?
As a Senior Software Developer, you’ll be working on a fast paced team responsible for the code that powers our ultimate goal of helping people invest their hard-earned cash more effectively and profitably. Successful Fools have well-formed opinions (stemming from their broad experience) and the ability to jump right into code independently.
But what does this role actually do?
- Collaborate with other team members to produce quality code
- Work with other developers and stakeholders to solve not only hard technical problems, but also challenging process roadblocks
- Roll-up your sleeves and dig into *sometimes legacy* code to battle bugs
- Brainstorm ideas for helping scale our architecture as our audience grows
We’d love to work with you if:
- You solve problems: You spot issues and inefficiencies from a mile away and aren’t afraid to suggest solutions and then dive in to implement them. You know when to seek input from others and are constantly looking for ways to improve our code, processes, and people.
- You pay attention to detail: Missed details erode accountability, and that hurts when customers are trusting us to provide the analysis and tools they use to make financial decisions! You actively pull in other team members to review your code and understand the value of testing when necessary.
- You’re curious and love to learn: Whether it’s the latest technology, how the Foolish business operates, or investing; you have an insatiable appetite for knowledge. And you love to share with your fellow Fools – dropping links in Slack is like breathing for you.
- You take pride in your work: You want to ensure that every customer has a great experience with The Motley Fool because of what you build.
- You love to have fun: You see your job as an opportunity to express your creativity and collaborate with others!
What do you need to apply?
- Experience building websites with Django, Vue, React, or other frontend technologies
- Strong track record of building relationships with stakeholders and business partners to ensure their needs are represented in the finished work.
- Ability to debug at all levels of the stack.
- Understanding of foundational web technologies & standards.
- Availability for production support.
If you think you have what it takes to join our band of merry Fools, please send us your ultra-impressive resume and Foolishly written cover letter. We’re ready to be wowed!