Disputify Pty Ltd
ruby on rails
WANTED: Rails Developer - To solve a challenging problem with a senior team!
Engineering is a core part of who we are. We are on a mission to build an incredible product for merchants and save them billions. We are looking for a full-stack developer. They must have an entrepreneurial spirit and be ready to work hard to build and scale our high-scale platform, and our growing engineering team. It’s an opportunity to work on a fresh code base and design a team and a culture that is ready to go global. If this sounds like you, keep reading
Leadership Policy**: We are all working together to change the world and save billions of $.** Keeping with this, everybody within Disputify (no matter their position) is empowered to play their equal part in making this huge vision happen. We value a high level of individual autonomy along with involvement in key decisions that help shape our world-changing product.
Build and manage the Disputify product - including the development of effective, scalable and reusable front and back-end systems
- Work with your product manager to plan and build necessary product iterations
- Identify and solve complex problems
- Identify, document and communicate best practices
- Build internal tools that will help our team work better
- Work closely with the CEO and other members of the team
- Become an active part of the decisions around product direction
- Work with large amounts of data
- Work with a senior team of capable exectutors!
*we recommend you send us a portfolio of your work (github link etc)
*experience in payments processing is highly favoured
Technology Stack & Ways of Working
- Ruby (we use 1.7.1)
- Rails (we use rails 6)
- PostgreSQL (we use 10)
- Agile Methodology
- RESTful APIs
- Experience with A/B testing and data-driven methods
- Understanding of scalability bottlenecks in Rails applications
- HTML + CSS (we use Tailwind CSS)
- Full Jira ticketing System with clear and concise tickets (well implemented)
- Have years of experience (and love) working with Ruby on Rails
- Be able to self manage, stick to deadlines and juggle a few 'project balls' in the air
- Be interested in big data and machine learning
- Be Looking to grow and learn
- Be involved in an early stage tech startup (grow with the company)
- Build your own engineering team over the next year (Lead, train and grow A-grade talent)
- Cool office setup in Brisbane and work-from-home privileges
- Very flexible working hours - we only care about output
- Incredible company culture - Tight team, No big egos
- High level of autonomy
- 'Silicon Valley approach' to things
- Potential equity
- Great pay
We are a family first company - We are committed to ensuring a healthy work life balance and encourage flexibility to ensure you can be there to support your family!
Ready to help us change the eCommerce industry?
If this role sounds like a good fit, we would love for you to apply below.