Web3 Frontend Engineer
Remote Jobs in FL>
Web3 Frontend Engineer
Decent Labs is looking for a talented, highly skilled frontend developer with experience in Web3 and Ethereum blockchain to join our rapidly growing team.
Who is Decent Labs?
Decent Labs is a venture studio offering the leadership of an accelerator, resources of a development firm, and network value of a venture fund to startups in the blockchain and cryptocurrency industries. With the help of Decent Labs' in-house design, engineering, and marketing talent, founders are given the time they need to focus on growing their business.
In just four years, Decent Labs has created over a dozen startups with both fledgling entrepreneurs and industry unicorns. Our partners have discovered ways to leverage blockchain technology to change the world for the better and have trusted Decent Labs to successfully bring their ideas to a very dynamic market.
Amidst explosive growth, Decent Labs is establishing the infrastructure needed to build decentralized protocols and defi applications on the cutting edge of the cryptocurrency industry. We are actively seeking team members who are ready to build the future - now.
Who Are You?
A Web3 Frontend Engineer at Decent Labs is highly skilled, focused, and driven to learn. Engineers at Decent Labs work with our product managers to architect innovative APIs and User-Facing applications for our portfolio of startups. In addition, the Web3 Frontend Engineer works closely with designers and fellow engineers to successfully execute the implementation, testing, and deployment of applications.
You, the Web3 Frontend Engineer, have a passion for building scalable, clean APIs and delightful frontends on cloud infrastructure and in the browser. You're a creative thinker and analytical problem solver who is inspired by the opportunity to contribute to building new startups and products, and unafraid to push the boundaries of what is possible with technology. You possess a deep mastery of other open source technologies that power the web.
Importantly, at Decent Labs, you'll grow as a wise architect and developer who has experience executing complex development roadmaps from inception to deployment.
- Build backend APIs and services that power new products that interact with Ethereum (or other) blockchains
- Build front-end Web3 interfaces that interact with your backend code
- Solid understanding and appreciation for clean, scalable architecture
- Design, scope, and estimate complex applications at the feature level
- Envision and develop features to help build new applications
- Collaborate with the team and cross-functional partners on all aspects of product development
- Identify and advocate for team-wide areas of improvement and best practices
- Mentor team members to refine their technical and architectural skills
- Experience owning and shipping multiple products
- 5+ years of industry experience in software engineering
- A mastery of Node.js and React, and database design (Postgres/Mongo/etc)
- Mastery of designing APIs and building scalable RESTful services
- Ability to quickly iterate on and ship code using test-driven development patterns
- Ability to stand up architecture in the cloud and set up pipelines for CI/CD
- Understanding of database migrations and how to update production codebases
- Can build modern, event-driven React frontends, converting Figma designs into functional components
- Mastery of CSS, preferably via a library like TailwindCSS
- Experience with version control, such as Git
- Understands engineering best practices such as continuous integration
- Possesses exceptional judgment, problem-solving skills, and an analytical mindset
- Ability to work in areas outside of your comfort zone and motivated by personal growth
- A passion for learning and the self-awareness of how you learn best
- Demonstrated interest in the cryptocurrency industry
- As a venture studio, you will own shares in the projects we create together
- Work on the bleeding edge of decentralized technology alongside early-stage startups and some of the largest companies in the cryptocurrency industry
- Fully remote and work-from-anywhere culture
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 10 holidays and 3 weeks PTO accrued per year