Headquarters: Remote, United States
As a Staff Product Designer at Abstract, you’ll play a key role in shaping the future of the design workflow. You will partner with Product and Engineering to establish a vision for our product, while also helping to shape our team culture. Although this is an IC (individual contributor) role, you’ll play a critical role in mentoring and leveling up the craft of the designers on the team, and in assisting design hiring managers with staffing.
- Operate cross-functionally to generate solutions to complex challenges
- Translate those solutions into elegant, intuitive designs
- Lead multiple projects across the entire product lifecycle
- See both the forest and the trees: think big picture, execute fine details
- Plan for the long term while navigating short-term tradeoffs
- Shape the vision for the user experience and champion customer needs
- Create an ego-free space for designers to collaborate
- Mentor other designers for growth in both soft and hard skills
- Level up team practice and processes
- 10+ years of experience working with in-house design teams
- Extensive experience collaborating with Product and Engineering to ship products
- Experience designing and shipping digital tools and complex systems
- Proven track record of determining and designing for measurable outcomes
- Demonstrated comfort with an iterative, collaborative design process
- Strong cross-functional leadership and communication skills
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, often wearing multiple hats
- Ability to shift gears and pivot based on customer needs
- Passion for continuous improvement of your workflow and toolset
- A robust online portfolio showcasing your best work
Abstract is a design workflow platform for teams to version, manage, and collaborate. Our company’s mission is to dramatically improve the productivity, transparency, and impact of Design. Since launching in July 2017, over 7,000 design teams across 75 countries have adopted Abstract, including teams from DocuSign, Instacart, Microsoft, Pandora, Wayfair, Wix, Cisco, Zendesk, and more.
At Abstract, we believe in a future where all companies recognize that empowering people to be creative unlocks productivity. We seek to build a world where companies see their people's expertise, where systems default to collaboration, and where curiosity and experimentation flourish.
If you thrive in a fast paced environment where you can make a big impact on our product and our company culture, we want to hear from you.