At RXNT, we think of ourselves as a backbone to the US healthcare system. Every day, we provide the digital foundation on which healthcare professionals serve patients, order medications and lab tests, bill insurance companies, and interact with the wider healthcare community.
22 years of blood, sweat, and tears have taught us that this pursuit comes with great responsibility. It’s in the best interest of everyone if we hold ourselves to high standards, think rigorously, and at times, act urgently.
As a member of RXNT’s Practice Management team, you’ll work at the convoluted intersection where patients, providers, insurance companies, and medical billers meet to charge, transact, and settle disputes. The complexity of this space and shortcomings of old technology have led RXNT to emerge as a disruptor; we take pride in creating a seamless experience for users and pay mind to the vast potential for optimization.
We’re looking for self-motivated people who love to learn, are comfortable in a fast-paced and quickly-growing environment, and who seek ownership.
What you’ll be doing
- As a Senior Frontend / Full Stack Engineer, you will design and implement substantial parts of RXNT’s medical billing solution.
- You will regularly review the code of your peers and uphold high standards in frontend development.
- You will push for and maintain best practices like the Joel test, 12-factor app methodology, quality unit tests, test automation, and performance optimization.
- Your engineering manager will help you understand key technical metrics to aim for (like SLA, P99 latency, Lighthouse scores, Real User Monitoring), and the product manager will help you understand how US healthcare professionals work and how we can best serve them.
- You will communicate closely with customers
You might be a good fit if you
- Have a proven track record (3+ years of experience) of architecting and engineering world-class, high-traffic commercial applications
- Are strong in computer science fundamentals (typically backed by a bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, or a bachelor’s degree or higher in a math or science field plus strong professional experience)
- Familiarity with OOP is recommended
- General software experience or an interest in getting broad experience will help you succeed long-term within RXNT
- Visual portfolio
- Open-source contributions
- Speak publicly or write technical content
- You are comfortable using a broad range of modern data systems (SQL, NoSQL), bonus for specialized systems like columnar warehouses, message queues, caches
- Read voraciously